How can I get a library card?
- Come into your local branch and fill out a New Patron registration form.
- Bring proof of your current address.
- Parents or guardians must sign and accept responsibility for children under 18.
Where can I use my library card?
- Your library card is good at any of the 4 branch locations in Doniphan County.
- Your card is also good at 53 other Northeast Kansas libraries including Hiawatha and Atchison.
- Books – unlimited per card
- Audio Books – unlimited per card
- DVDs – limit 5 per card (1 new release per card)
- Portable Hotspot – limit 1 per card
- Laptop – limit 1 per card
- Magazines – unlimited per card
- Video Games – limit 5 per card
How long can I keep my materials?
- Books – 3 weeks
- Audio Books – 3 weeks
- DVDs – 1 week
- Portable Hotspot – 3 days (Fines will accrue daily if late)
- Laptop – 3 days (Fines will accrue daily if late)
- Magazines – 3 days : Current issue, 3 weeks back issue
- Video Games – 1 week
Where can I return my materials?
Materials can be returned to any of the 4 branches or any of the libraries in the Northeast Kansas Library System.
All 4 Library District 1 branches have drop box out side for after hours returns.
Patrons are financially responsible for all materials checked out and they should be returned in a timely manner. If you lose or damage borrowed material you will be billed for the replacement cost.